- The tour starts at the museum of the city of Skopje, where you will get some basic info regarding getting around in Macedonia. The walk starts along Macedonia Street towards the square. Along the way is the Memorial House of Mother Teresa built in honor of a great humanitarian and a winner of Noble Prize for Peace. Mother Teresa was born in Skopje, in 1910.
- The tour continues towards Macedonia Square which has undergone tremendous restoration in the last few years with a lot of new monuments and buildings around, representing Macedonian cultural heritage and history.
- From Macedonia Square we continue towards the Old Bazaar passing over The Stone Bridge which is one of the most recognizable symbols of Skopje.
- Once we get into the Bazaar, the first thing you notice is the feeling that you have gone back in times, returning to the days when the bazaar was swarming with people from all around the Balkan trading their wares and services.
- In the Old Bazaar you will visit the famous Daut Pasha Hamam (bath house) which was built in the 15th century and that holds the National Art Museum. After that you will visit Kapan An (Han) which was also built in the 15 century by Isa Beg.
- Traditional Macedonian lunch will be served at one of the restaurants in the Old Bazaar.
- After the lunch you will visit the Saint Savior church in the Old Town which holds the monument of the most famous Macedonian revolutionary Goce Delcev. In this area you will visit the Skopsko Kale which is the most famous middle-century fortress in the Skopje region. is the capital city of the Republic of Macedonia and one of the main places that you need to visit in Macedonia. It was inhabited for more than 4000 years before the birth of Christ.
- Throughout the centuries it was constantly destroyed and rebuild by many conquerors and nations until the devastating earthquake on July 26th 1963 where 90% of the city lied in ruins. Yet the city still managed to rise up from the ashes once again and restored its old glory offering us a unique place for the start of our tour.
- Visit of a traditional bakery and review of the process of making the traditional Balkan dish Burek
- The rest of the day is planned for the Matka Canyon with its outstanding work of nature, preserved natural and geographic characteristics in which rare and endemic species found their escape.
- We get back to Skopje after which we check in at the hotel where we have spare time for refreshments and any individual activities.
- Dinner will be served in one of the local restaurants where we finish the first of our 5 days of Food and Wine.
- The tour starts with breakfast at the hotel in Skopje and check out following an overview of the tourist spot Sharena Dzamija (Painted Mosque) located in Tetovo. The Painted Mosque was built in the year of 1459 on the foundation of an older edifice. An example of early Constantinople style, this mosque is adorned with an elaborate painted facade and interior, making it unique for tourists.
- After the overview of the mosques we continue our tour to the Mavrovo National Park. The tranquility, the climate conditions, the hydrological and vegetative features enhanced together with the human creativity contributes in making this region a very special place. Here we will have a walk around the surroundings while enjoying in its natural beauties.
- The tour continues towards the beautiful tourist location the Monastery of Saint John the Baptist with its distinctive architecture with priceless and rare wood carvings. Dating from the 11th century this Monastery presents an important cultural and historical place surrounded by legends for its mystical icon with healing powers.
- After visiting the Monastery we departure to Galicnik – one of the most beautiful Miyak villages in Macedonia. We will visit one of the local sheepfold.
- Traditional lunch will be served in nature at the Galicnik sheepfold. At the lunch you will taste the world famous Galicnik white cheese.
- Next we head for the city of Ohrid, where we check-in at the Hotel. A dinner is planned at a local restaurant, after which you will have spare time for a walk or any other activities.
· The day starts with the breakfast in the hotel in Ohrid. Ohrid is a city on the eastern shore of Lake Ohrid. It has about 42,000 inhabitants making it the seventh largest city in the country and the most visited tourist destination in Macedonia. Ohrid was known for the fact that once had 365 churches one for each day of the year and has been referred as the "Macedonian Jerusalem". The city is rich in culture, religion, picturesque houses and monuments which hold on to the traditional Macedonian architecture from centuries ago.
· The city is rich in picturesque houses and monuments while tourism is predominant because of the special natural and cultural surrounding of the area. First we will visit the Upper Gate which is fortification surround the Old Town crowned with the King Samoul Fortress (the most famous medieval Macedonian King). The area offers the most beautiful sight on the Lake of Ohrid.
· After that, you will visit the Ancient Theater. The theatre is the only visible monument from ancient times. It is also the only Hellenistic theatre in Macedonia; the other three are from Roman times.
· You will visit the Archeological site of Plaosnik / Saint Clement of Ohrid. It is a place that has been very important religious center since early Christian times, if not before. It is the site of the first university in Europe, opened in the 10th c. and it is the place where the Cyrillic alphabet was created. The church you see is a reconstruction of the church St. Clement built when he came here and opened the university. The 5 nave early Christian basilica in the middle of which the church stands is from the 5th century.
· You will also pay visit to the famous church of Saint Sophia which was built in the 11 century and it is the Cathedral of the Ohrid archbishops. Inside the church is the biggest composition of 11th century frescoes preserved in the world. The main altar has scenes from the Old Testament and an emotional procession of angels bowing to Virgin Mary.
· You will visit the famous church dedicated the the Holy Mother of God Perivleptos. The church was built and painted in 1295. It is dedicated to Virgin Mary, Perivlepta (from Περίβλεπτος) is an attribute given to her meaning "the Omnisicent and Clairvoyant".
· In the courtyard of St. Bogorodica Perivlepta church is the Ohrid icon collection with some of the best examples of the iconographic art in Macedonia. It is considered to be the second most important and valuable collection of icons in the world after the Moscow collection
· After that you will visit the Ohrid Old Bazaar with its picturesque craftsmen and shops. It is a simple bazaar consisting of just one street. It starts with the food market (it used to be the animal market in the past). After the market the bazaar begins with a small square. On the square there is a 1000 year old tree and a nice fountain. Above the square the clock tower of Ohrid stands. As you walk down the bazaar on your left there are couples of stone stores, which is the only section of original stores in the bazaar. In the past, the bazaar was covered with grape vines, protecting shoppers from the sun and the rain. Very few crafts are preserved. The bazaar ends with the main square that used to be the food market in the past.
· As an option you can visit a pearl shop where you can buy the worlds famous Ohrid pearls.
· Cooking class and lunch will be served at one of the restaurants in Ohrid.
· After lunch you are free to enjoy your afternoon in Ohrid, the world heritage city of UNESCO.
· Dinner at a restaurant and Overnight in Ohrid
- Breakfast at the hotel and starting the day with the trip to the Monastery of Saint Naum.
- Along the way we will stop at the archeological locality named Bay of Bones where an authentic reconstruction is made as part of the settlement dating back between 1200 and 700 BC.
- After that, we head towards the St Naum Monastery. The area around the Monastery is among the most beautiful along the shore of Lake Ohrid. The magnificent greenery surrounded by the springs of the Crn Drim River, the spacious sand beach, the Monastery complex and the view of the location makes it one of the most attractive tourist spots.
- Lunch will be served at the fishing village Trpeica on the waterfront
- After the lunch, we will then departure for the city of Bitola. Bitola is the second largest city in Macedonia located in the south-western part of the country. The city still bears the marks of the diplomacy and is well known as “the city of the consuls”. Bitola is located on an important strategic and trade point near the Greek border at the base of Pelister Mountain which presents one of the three National Parks in Macedonia.
- In Bitola we will walk through the most famous street Sirok Sokak – the Wide Street and we will visit small churches in the town. You will see the tall Clock Tower and have an opportunity to see the centuries old Bezisten – the covered market.
- You will also experience the ambient of old time diplomatic city by visiting the old consulates. Visit of the Magaza is planed which is the most famous historic Stock Exchange now being an arts museum.
- Dinner is included in the tour and it will be served in a local restaurant where we finish the day with some free time for walking around Shirok Sokak or any other activities “in the city of the consuls”.
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- After the breakfast, we will continue our way toward Povardarie region in the sunny hills and valleys of Central Macedonia. We will visit the winery of Popova Kula, one of the most authentic Macedonian winery. Here you will taste the most precious Macedonian wines and dishes. You will have chance to visit the vineyard where you will see the century old secrets of harvesting the wine grapes. Lunch will be also served.
- The tour continues to the archeological site of Stobi, an ancient town of Macedon, considered by many to be one of the most famous archaeological site in Macedonia.
- We then head off to the Stobi Winery, where you will have the opportunity to enjoy the world renowned and superb quality of wines that they produce .An unique winery experience guaranteed.
- Departure for the city of Skopje where the tour ends.
Tour organized by: