Explore Macedonia and its highlights on a 3 Day tour
· Skopje - We meet at the Museum of the city of Skopje. Our friendly tour guides will provide you will information regarding navigating your way around Skopje. You will then proceed with a walk along the famous ‘Macedonia Street’ towards the main city square. You will pass the Memorial House of Mother Teresa which was built in her honour as she was born in Skopje in 1910 and was awarded a Nobel Peace Prize for her humanitarian efforts.
· City Square - As you walk around the heart of Skopje – its city square, you will be treated with a guide of the monuments and buildings that paint a picture of Macedonia’s rich culture and history. You will then continue towards the Old Bazaar and pass over the greatest river in Macedonia, Vardar, via one of the most recognizable symbols of Skopje – the Stone Bridge.
· Old Bazaar and Lunch - The first thing you will notice once entering the Old Bazaar is a sense of ancient times. Where, for centuries it has been buzzing with people from all over the Balkan region, trading their wares and services. You will be guided through this ancient Bazaar and experience the feeling of stepping back in time. We will have lunch in one of the local restaurants.
· The Old Town - Your experience of ancient times will only be reinforced by walking around the Old Town and hearing the stories of the Grand Fortress Kale that bears over the city.
· Matka Canyon - You will then continue with a bus ride to Matka Canyon – an outstanding work of nature of which some claim to be home to the largest underwater cave in the world. A claim that has yet to be substantiated as no one has been able to get to the bottom! Matka Canyon boasts outstanding preserved natural and geographical characteristics, in which rare endemic species have found their escape. Spot an eagle flying high in the sky, enjoy a boat ride* along the magnificent gorge and explore the famous Vrelo cave full of stalagmites. If sitting back and enjoying the view is more your style – take refuge at the restaurant which serves delicious traditional Macedonian food.
· Arrive back in Skopje
· Breakfast and check out - You will enjoy a sumptuous breakfast before checking out of your hotel to begin day 2 of your adventures of Macedonia.
· Kokino - We will then travel towards Kokino and arrive at the 4th oldest megalithic observatory in the world as recognized by NASA.
· Monastery of St. Joakim and Osigovski - We then continue our adventure towards a breathtaking destination that oozes with spirituality and natural beauty, the Monastery of St. Joakim and Osogovski. The Monastery is set among verdant green woods near the northeastern town of Kriva Palanka. It was founded in the 12th century and rebuilt many times during the ensuing centuries. The Monastery complex has always been an important cultural, religious and educational center. Here, you will take a moment to relax as we dine at the Monastery’s restaurant for lunch.
· Stobi Winery and lunch - We then head off to Stobi Winery, where you will have the opportunity to enjoy the world renowned and superb quality of wines that they produce. Lunch will be served as well.
· Bitola - After you enjoy a delectable lunch and satisfy your palate with delicious wine, we travel to the city of Bitola. The city of Bitola is an administrative, cultural, industrial, commercial, and educational centre of southern Macedonia. It is located in the southern part of the Pelagonia valley surrounded by Baba and Nidze mountains. After an exploration of the city of Bitola, we continue the day with the archeological site Heraclea Lyncestis. The city of Heraclea was founded by Philip II of Macedon in the middle of the 4th century BC and presents one of the best preserved antique cities. We will then have dinner at a local restaurant.
· Later - After dinner, you may choose to simply relax or continue your adventures into the night. The choice is yours as you have some free time to take as you please.
· Breakfast and Check Out - After enjoying a delicious breakfast, we will check out of the hotel and continue the tour through the picturesque Galichica National Park towards the Monastery of St. Naum Ohridski.
· Monastery of St. Naum Ohrisdski and Lunch - The area around St. Naum Monastery is among the most beautiful along the shore of Lake Ohrid. The magnificent greenery surrounded by the springs of the Crn Drim River, the spacious sand beach, the monastery complex and the view of the location makes it a most attractive tourist spot.
· Ohrid - After you take delight in a delicious lunch at the monastery, we continue our journey to the ‘City of Light’ Ohrid. Ohrid is the most predominant tourist destination in Macedonia, which you will have the opportunity to appreciate once you set eyes on the beautiful lake and surrounds of this magnificent city. There, we will visit some of the most popular attractions including, but not limited to, the Old Bazaar, the Church of St. Sophia, the Church of Mother of God (Periveptos), the ancient theatre, Tsar Samoils Fortress, the archeological site of Plaoshnik and the church of St. John (Kaneo).
· Departure for Skopje - We will then head back to our original destination, Skopje where we will conclude our tour. We will stop at Straza point on a snack
Tour organized by: