Pehchevo’s origin dates back to the Turkish Period. The first settlements was stock-breeding. The settlements was erected at the end of the 17th , having function of an administrative and economic centre due to the shortest connection with Struma. Pehchevo ehsperienced more intensive development at the end of the 18th and beginning of the 19th century. At that time, it was a small province with a beautiful bazar, whete major crafts were pottery and silversmithing. The settlement was completely destroyed by a sever earthguske in 1904. The revitalizacion of Pehchevo after that hazard as well as the larger town settlements in the surrounding after Balkan Wars, the First World wars the second World wars market moderate population and economic growth. There was population growth from 1948 to 1994. There ware circa 1700 inhabitants in 1948 and 3000 inhabitants in 2002. Nowadays Pehchevo is a modern town limited gravitation area.